For more information regarding the Covid pandemic and how it might affect you please visit this page - https://www.healthcare.ac.uk/courses/covid-update/
This module is a capstone module for the MSK sub-pathway. It may also be taken as a free standing module.
This module provides the opportunity to pathway and represents the opportunity for clinicians to develop and apply advanced clinical practice musculoskeletal knowledge and skills in a clinical setting. The focus of this module is work based learning with learners encouraged to work closely with employers to develop a framework that supports learning and development under the guidance of a clinical mentor. This development time is likely to differ according to clinical practice environment and will be supported by the module team via a variety of technology enhanced learning approaches.
This module offers the flexibility to develop skills and competence in a role appropriate to predetermined practice and developmental needs of the individual learner. The capability of the learner to work as an advanced musculoskeletal practitioner appropriate to their profession and clinical role will be assessed. As such this module provides an opportunity to develop both role specific and core attributes of an advanced musculoskeletal practitioner.
This module will enable learners to:
• collaborate effectively with service users to provide the best evidence-based care in musculoskeletal contexts
• effectively manage complex musculoskeletal clinical scenarios relevant to their practice
• critically debate and justify clinical reasoning in the management of complex musculoskeletal scenarios
In order to facilitate the work-based learning aspect of this module the learners must:
• be employed by an organisation within which the work-based learning can be located
• have the support of the employer or organisation in which the learning is to be located, this includes but is not limited to time, resources and advice
• identify and have access to a work-based mentor who is able to help, advise, support and develop the learner and critically comment on the progress and outcomes of their learning
• have completed Level 7 study or equivalent prior to undertaking the module
Observed Patient Examination and Viva
As a consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic, your course may now have to be initially delivered partly online. Please use this link to see what the technology requirements are.